How can I switch between TV watching and live conversations with SMARTO?
If you have paired SMARTO to a TV or other Bluetooth device simply press the red “hang-up call” button on SMARTO to pause the audio stream. After a few seconds the LED will shine yellow to indicate that you are in Personal Hearing mode. To switch back to the streamed audio press the green “answer call” button on SMARTO. The LED will shine in blue to indicate the Bluetooth is active.
Which features are supported in the BeHear PROXY when the earbuds are in use?
When using the retractable earbuds in BeHear PROXY, and the mode switch on the neck speaker is in the earbud position, the following features are available:
- Personalized amplification based on the results of the Hearing Assessment
- Audio play from any Bluetooth-connected source (TV, game console, smartphone, etc.)
- Hands-free mobile and video calls
- EasyListenTM for slowing down incoming speech
- ListenThroughTM for hearing important ambient sounds above audio play
How do I pair the headset to my Windows Desktop PC?
- To connect your BeHear headset to a Windows PC desktop computer, first you must place the headset into pairing mode (when the headset is OFF, press the power button for several seconds until the LED flashes alternating red and blue lights).
- Then (and only then!) go to Settings > Bluetooth & other devices on your Windows PC.
- Click the “Add Bluetooth or other device” option
- Click “Bluetooth”:
- Your BeHear headset will appear as an audio device in the list next to a “headphone” icon. Click on this device name to connect:
Note: If you don’t follow the sequence detailed above, and instead start searching for new device in the PC while your headset is simply ON (not in pairing mode), BeHear will appear in the list as unknown device, with no “audio” under the name and no “headphone” icon next to it. Connecting to this device will not activate BeHear as a headphone/headset.