How do I pair the headset to my phone?
- Using your smartphone, download the free W&H BeHear app from Google Play Store or the Apple Store.
- Open the W&H BeHear app, and choose an interface language.
- You will be prompted to indicate which headset you have (either BeHear NOW or BeHear ACCESS).
- The app will then show you how to put the headset into pairing mode (your phone’s Bluetooth option must be active).
- Follow the app’s on-screen prompts to connect the headset to your phone.
- Once the connection is successful, the headset will be turned off automatically. You are instructed to press its power button to turn it back on.
- Once the headset is back on, the pairing process is complete and you should start the hearing assessment.
Can I use the BeHear headset without a smartphone?
You can use the BeHear and control its basic functions even if you don’t have a smartphone. However, if you want to make sure the BeHear amplification matches your hearing profile, we highly recommend that you take our hearing assessment using a smartphone and our app. The hearing assessment results will be saved in the BeHear headset, so you can use it later without a smartphone.
The smartphone is also instrumental in fine-tuning the hearing environment in real time. However, the headset itself includes seven built-in control buttons that allow you to use it autonomously. So, if you want to use the device for ambient hearing only (not mobile phone calls or audio streaming from a phone), you do not need a smartphone.