“SMARTO has changed my life: I can hear again!” claims a 94-year-old woman who finds this new hearing amplifier superior to her hearing aidsJune 16, 2022
Alango releases BeHear SMARTO, a simple yet powerful programmable hearing amplifier with Bluetooth® connectivity
Alango Technologies, a leading independent provider of DSP speech and audio enhancement software technologies for the communications industry, today announced the launch of BeHear® SMARTO, a hand-held or body worn hearing amplifier with Bluetooth® connectivity for people with mild to severe hearing problems. SMARTO features Alango’s award-winning technology that enhances hearing and reduces background noise to clarify speech in live conversations, cell phone and video calls, and TV programs.
You Have Given Me Back My Life!
Last year Elaine B. was fitted with hearing aids to address her profound hearing loss. Although they allowed her to communicate with family members, due to discomfort she could not wear them for extended periods. Furthermore, they were not helpful for television, obliging her to find a separate device for TV watching. Adding to the complexity of the solution, Mrs. B. had difficulty charging the devices, as her vision was also failing. Mrs. B. agreed to try the new BeHear SMARTO, which was designed specifically for people who need significant amplification with minimal effort. Her enthusiasm for the new product can be felt in her video testimonial, where she exclaims “You have given me back my life!”.
Advanced Hearing Aid Technology at an Affordable Price
SMARTO provides accessible, affordable, programmable hearing enhancement for people who, for whatever reason, do not use hearing aids. Alango’s proprietary technology offers much more than just sound amplification. Sophisticated algorithms separate speech from noise, adjust the strength of different frequencies to match the user’s preferences, and focus the sound input to zero-in on a specific speaker. Another unique feature allows the user to slow down incoming speech on cell phone calls to improve intelligibility. SMARTO also includes a user-customizable noise generator as sound therapy for relief of tinnitus, or “ringing in the ears”.
Key Benefits of the SMARTO Hearing Amplifier
- Simple and effective: With large, colorful buttons for easy operation, SMARTO is suitable for people who have limited mobility, vision, dexterity, or dementia.
- Loud and clear mobile calls: Comprehension during cell calls is increased due to personalized amplification, noise reduction technology, and Alango’s EasyListen™ feature, which slows down incoming speech, when desired.
- Superior audio quality: Bluetooth 5.0 support ensures that clear dialogue and rich music tones from streamed TV programs, music tracks, podcasts, conference calls and other audio content are delivered directly to the SMARTO headset.
- Directionality: In challenging, noisy conditions users can activate “focus mode”, point the device towards a particular person, and benefit from selective amplification in the direction of interest.
- Tailored amplification: Conversation isn’t just louder; it is adapted to suit the user’s unique hearing profile.
- Built-in safety feature: A custom emergency call option that can be triggered with a single button press makes it easy for the user to call for help and provides peace of mind for family members.
- Tinnitus relief therapy: Customizable masking sounds can ease the discomfort of tinnitus.
Hearing Professionals, Caregivers, and Family Members Will Also Benefit
“Age-related hearing loss is extremely frustrating for seniors, their families, and their caregivers, but hearing aids are not providing the solution for the majority of those affected,” notes Alango’s CEO and Founder, Dr. Alexander Goldin. “So, we created BeHear SMARTO, an accessible, affordable, and easy way for seniors to stay connected. We hope hearing professionals, caregivers, and family members will encourage seniors to communicate with SMARTO, for everyone’s benefit.”
BeHear SMARTO is now available commercially for $189 (€189 in Europe and the U.K.) through BeHear’s international distribution channel, Best Buy online, Walmart online, Amazon, and the BeHear Web site.
About Alango Technologies
Alango Technologies, Ltd. (www.alango.com) has been developing sound enhancement technologies since 2002, selling over 60 million software licenses that improve the audio experience in automotive, entertainment, and smart home applications around the world. Realizing the importance and opportunity of combining the sound enhancement technology found in hearing aids with the advances and costs in the consumer electronics world, the Company is now using its field-proven expertise in sound technology to create products for personal hearing enhancement: the “BeHear” product line (www.alango-behear.com). With over 10,000 BeHear units sold to date, the direction is clear: people want inexpensive, stylish, multi-functional, and self-fit solutions to keep them in the conversation.
BeHear is a registered trademark of Alango Technologies, Ltd. in the United States. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.