Slow Down Speech in Real Time with EasyListen™
Increase Your Hearing Comprehension
- Do you ever have conversations with “fast talkers” — people who speak so fast you can’t catch every word?
- When listening to a foreign language, would you like more time to process the meaning?
- Would it be helpful to have extra time to write down information from recorded messages, such as names, phone numbers or dates?
How Does EasyListen Assistive Listening Technology Work?
EasyListen is a real-time technology that dynamically slows down incoming speech, making it more natural and understandable. While “time stretching” technologies for speech modification have been around for a long time, EasyListen is more complex and intelligent than the classical approaches. The key is the word “dynamically” and following are the main differences:
- Inevitably, slowing down an audio signal in real time means a delay is accumulating rapidly. This accumulated delay must be addressed eventually — without interfering with the important parts of speech that follow. Natural pauses occur in each typical conversation and shortening such pauses is used to reduce the delay. However, if the speaker talks fast continuously, with no pauses, EasyListen will gradually stop slowing down his/her monologue when the maximal allowed delay is exceeded.
- Tones, noises and other irrelevant sounds are not stretched.
- Not all parts of the speech are slowed down equally. Sophisticated speech analysis is performed, and only those parts that are important for understanding, but just too fast, are slowed down to the extent that is necessary. Consequently, different vowels, plosives and fricatives are not stretched in an equal manner. And some sounds that that do not require stretching are not processed at all. For example such continuous sounds as “aaaa”, “yee”, “mmm”, etc., are not stretched.
EasyListen technology is language-independent and works equally well with Western and Eastern tonal languages.
Want More Information?
Join our mailing list to get updates about BeHear pricing and availability.
Where to Buy BeHear®
The BeHear headphones are currently undergoing beta testing and are scheduled for release shortly. To pre-order this product, join our mailing list and we will send you updates regarding the product availability.
Follow Us on Twitter
IFA Berlin is the leading showcase for the global technology industry. The latest products and innovations will be presented here, in the heart of Europe’s most important regional market. Alango is proud to participate and will exhibit the Wear & Hear line of assistive hearing products for key retailers, buyers, media, and industry experts from … Continue reading "IFA Berlin"
Wear & Hear products will be exhibited at this biennial expo (previously called the International Congress of Audiology). The WCA provides a unique platform to showcase audiological research from around the world and we are excited to participate in its first appearance on the African continent. Cape Town, S. Africa – Oct. 28-31, 2018, Booth … Continue reading "WCA – World Congress of Audiology"
CES is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years — the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. Alango technologies, such as ListenThrough™ and EasyListen™, as well as Wear & … Continue reading "CES 2019"
AAA 2019, the American Academy of Audiology’s annual conference and exposition, is the world’s largest gathering of audiologists. This annual meeting provides participants the opportunity to attend four days of educational sessions, explore the latest in hearing technology, and network with colleagues from around the world. Columbus, Ohio, USA – March 27-30, 2019 – Booth … Continue reading "AAA 2019"