Slow Down Speech in Real Time with EasyListen™
Increase Your Hearing Comprehension
- Do you ever have conversations with “fast talkers” — people who speak so fast you can’t catch every word?
- When listening to a foreign language, would you like more time to process the meaning?
- Would it be helpful to have extra time to write down information from recorded messages, such as names, phone numbers or dates?
How Does EasyListen Assistive Listening Technology Work?
EasyListen is a real-time technology that dynamically slows down incoming speech, making it more natural and understandable. While “time stretching” technologies for speech modification have been around for a long time, EasyListen is more complex and intelligent than the classical approaches. The key is the word “dynamically” and following are the main differences:
- Inevitably, slowing down an audio signal in real time means a delay is accumulating rapidly. This accumulated delay must be addressed eventually — without interfering with the important parts of speech that follow. Natural pauses occur in each typical conversation and shortening such pauses is used to reduce the delay. However, if the speaker talks fast continuously, with no pauses, EasyListen will gradually stop slowing down his/her monologue when the maximal allowed delay is exceeded.
- Tones, noises and other irrelevant sounds are not stretched.
- Not all parts of the speech are slowed down equally. Sophisticated speech analysis is performed, and only those parts that are important for understanding, but just too fast, are slowed down to the extent that is necessary. Consequently, different vowels, plosives and fricatives are not stretched in an equal manner. And some sounds that that do not require stretching are not processed at all. For example such continuous sounds as “aaaa”, “yee”, “mmm”, etc., are not stretched.
EasyListen technology is language-independent and works equally well with Western and Eastern tonal languages.
Want More Information?
Join our mailing list to get updates about BeHear pricing and availability.
Where to Buy BeHear®
The BeHear headphones are currently undergoing beta testing and are scheduled for release shortly. To pre-order this product, join our mailing list and we will send you updates regarding the product availability.
Follow Us on Twitter
Mobile World Congress is the world’s largest gathering for the mobile industry, organized by the GSMA and held in the Mobile World Capital: Barcelona, Spain. Dr. Goldin, founder and CEO of Alango, has been invited to present Alango and the future of hearing as part of the “Tech in Society” theme, which includes the session … Continue reading "MWC 2018"
AAA, formerly AudiologyNOW, is the world’s largest gathering of audiologists. This annual meeting provides participants the opportunity to attend four days of educational sessions, explore the latest in hearing technology, and network with colleagues from around the world. Nashville, TN, USA – April 18-21, Booth #407
The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) is the leading U.S. organization representing people with hearing loss. This annual conference, sponsored by HLAA in a different city every year, is an opportunity for people with hearing loss and their families to learn how to adjust to living with hearing loss, and to become acquainted with … Continue reading "HLAA Conference 2018"
CES is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years — the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. Alango technologies, such as ListenThrough™ and EasyListen™, as well as Wear & … Continue reading "CES 2019"